Wednesday, September 18, 2013

New England ---- Here We Come!



On Sunday evening, we stopped at Natural Bridge, VA, to camp for the night.  You can tell we are in the mountains.   They made the  campsites level but walking Ziggy was a workout.



When the MH came in next to us we were looking at his roof.



On Monday evening we stopped at Pine Grove, PA.   It seemed like we have been on an up hill climb most of the day.   The scenery has been beautiful.  I did not realize that PA grew so much corn.





On Tuesday, we traveled from Pine Grave, PA to Middletown, NY.











  Again today it seemed like the road climbed up hill all day.  The landscape was rural.  The trees are showing a few signs of fall; however, the photos don’t show the true colors.







There are goldenrods in bloom everywhere along the side of the interstate.  I cannot recall ever seeing such large patches of goldenrod when traveling in the fall.  
I think this is golden rod.








We are stopping for the night at New York City/Newburg KOA. 
I’m not sure why they call this KOA "New York City", unless it is all the Lady Liberty statues they have in the park.  We are 75 miles north of NYC.



This is another campground with lots of fun activities for the kids.  There are many Kamping Kabins in the woods.  It would be an ok place to stop for the night if the internet worked. :-(
We drove to the shopping area near the interstate for a few things.  It seems I packed food for several meals so we could have dinner in the MH.  However, it seems I forgot one or two things to be able to pull together a whole meal.   I think I may have to start making lists and checking them twice.


This morning (Wednesday), Ziggy and I had a brisk 39 degree walk through the campground.  Ziggy wasn’t too excited at first.  He is getting lazy and old like his parents, and he really doesn’t like cold weather.


This campgound is located in the Hudson River Valley.  There are several farming areas nearby with fresh fruit and vegetable markets. 


Today should be a short driving day to the Boston area.  Short drive was WRONG!  What we thought to be 4 hours took 6.















http://www.twingrove.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment